Below is our archive of public news and announcements.
2017 Spring Gospel Meeting: April 7-9, 2017
“Maintaining Faith in Challenging Times”
You are invited to join us for a special series of lessons from the Word of God. Christians in every generation must stand firm against threats to their faith.
Steve Wolfgang from Chicago, Illinois will guide us in a study of the dangers Christians face in today's American culture. Our service times will be
Friday, April 7th
- 7:30 PM: The War on Truth
Saturday, April 8th
- 5:00 PM: Christians Living in a Moral Mess
Sunday, April 9th
- 9:30 AM: Is Islam a Threat to Christian Faith?
- 10:30 AM: Why Are Christians Branded as “Haters?”
- 5:00 PM: Christians in a Secular Society: Responding to Cultural Pressures
We hope you will join us for this special study from God’s Word.
Where We Meet
Get detailed directions and a larger, interactive map to find our building.
Gainesville Bible Study
We are seeking God and want to connect with people who are doing the same. To that end, we are holding occasional Bible meetups. Please join us as we look at the scriptures.
The current study on the book of Genesis is on Thursdays at 11 a.m. in the common area of the Wegman's at Stonewall Shops Square in Gainesville. Come learn what scriptures say about how God's plan for man existed at creation and discover the threads connecting that plan throughout the scriptures.
Special Classes For Young People
The Centreville church of Christ hosts regular Bible classes for young people in the congregation and any visitors who want to join us.
In addition to Bible classes on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening, the monthly devotion for teenagers is held the first Sunday evening of each month. We encourage you to join the studies whenever you can.
Active Service At Centreville
As the church at Centreville began another year of service to God, the elders compiled a four-point list of goals for the saints to diligently pursue in 2011. The goals:
- Humble-minded -- others coming first
- Enthusiastic -- encouraging, inspiring your families
- Glory and honor -- respect of the Father and each other
- Truthful -- convicted, upholding Christ's values
The elders also drafted an overarching theme for the year -- Salvation calls for active service -- and presented four related passages for the congregation to consider throughout the year:
- "Present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." (Rom. 12:1)
- "But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called 'today.'" (Heb. 3:13)
- "But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves." (James 1:22)
"Wherefore receive one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God." (Rom. 15:7)